Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BTS Teacher Week: Where Tuesday

Warning! Beware! Proceed with caution!

I have been looking at the classrooms today of some of my favorite bloggers, and I do have to say, I feel less than adequate. I have a full 6 days until I start school, so my room isn't terrible, but it is not nearly done. With that being said, I want to be real, and I want you to see what my room really looks like. I am not going to pull up a bunch of pictures from last year, I am going to show you what my room looked like when I left today. Like I said, it's not pretty, and it's definitely on the messy side, but like I said before, it's a work in progress.

In the past, I had this as one board, but this year I decided to cut it up in two, and make the bottom half (and the table) a writing center. I know they are small from here, but the pictures (and corresponding school words) are from the amazing, wonderful DeeDee Wills. It is from her Writing Work Stations for August and September. She is amazing, and the pack for each month is a great asset to your writing center. The top half of the board will have student work. 


I love making trees!!! Right through this door is the Kindergarten playground, so the kids pass through it many times a day. Since it is sort of small, and such an odd shape, I have a hard time fitting student work up there (which means half of the time it was blank). I decided this year to make it the location of our season tree. We create leaves, snowflakes, and flowers for it, depending on the season. I have discovered that liquid water colors, and coffee filters make the most beautiful paper that the kids can paint, then I die cut into leaves (more on that this fall).

This is my new word wall, and I love it! I used Maria Manore's Word Wall Alphabet Headers {White Series}. I used silver string (and my trusty level) to make each square. I can't wait to start adding words.

This is a work in progress (like everything else in my room). This ten frames are what we are going to use to count the days we are in school. I know right now without a heading, or dots it is hard to see, but you can check out what it looks like on my TPT page. It is called Count the Days of School Using 10 Frames. I also have a previous blog post about it. The bottom empty portion of the board will be some sort of birthday board, I just haven't figured that part out yet. 

This is my calendar wall. I am old school, and still do it on a board (while the whole kindergarten team does it on a smart board). I think it is important for it to be visible all day for my kids to look back upon. If you notice the cart to the right of my chair, it is Raskog from Ikea. It has wheels, so I can move it wherever I need it. And it is so functional and cute! 

This is the current state of my desk. The cushion of my chair has a hole in it, so it is held back together with black duct tape (which gets my bottom sticky each time I sit on it). I am currently waiting for someone to remove my TV since I only show videos through my computer, and they took my VCR last summer to give to a teacher that still had VHS tapes. My purple board looks awfully boring, but I fill it up with pictures that my students draw me. I also am trying to trade in my giant file cabinet for a 2 drawer one, but the smaller ones are apparently a hot commodity at my school. 

This is the back of my classroom where the library and my horseshoe table are. The back board (and cabinets) will soon be covered with student work. The fadeless paper on the bottom is called Azure, and I bought it at Lakeshore a few years ago. They don't have that color anymore, so I bought it on Amazon (it wasn't available on Prime) and have been waiting and waiting for it to arrive. 

This is what my whole room looks like. I have a kitchen to the left under the windows, and all of my center toys on shelves in the corner under the word wall. My room is a mess right now, but it will be done soon, and I will happily share the finished product with you. 



Oh, and before I go, don't forget that tomorrow will be a 1 day sale on TPT. My whole store will be 20% off, and you can get an extra 8% with the TPT code BOOST.

Happy Shopping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment